Tax Payment Options
The City of Salem has updated the online process for paying your personal property and real estate taxes, and this updated process has eliminated processing/convenience fees. The City will collect your payment information using a secure server, process your credit-card payment, issue a confirmation email for your records, and transmit the information to the City Treasurer.
There is NO fee for this convenience. After you submit your payment, you will receive an email indicating that your payment Succeeded or Failed. All declined payments that are not paid by the due date will accrue penalty, interest, and collection fees.
To pay your personal property or real estate taxes online, please visit this site and follow the instructions.
If you wish to pay for multiple tax bills in one transaction, including invoices not associated with the account used to log-in:
- TOTAL all bills and enter the total amount to be paid when prompted.
- ENTER the other account number(s) in the NOTE section.
You may pay your tax at the Treasurers Office.
- Payments can be made in the Treasurer's office by cash, check, money order or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover only).
- Please make checks payable to: Treasurer, City of Salem.
- Returned checks are subject to a $40 fee.
Return the top portion of the invoice with payment. You must request a receipt.
Make check payable to:
Danielle Crawford, Treasurer
P.O. Box 869
Salem, VA 24153-0869