The Salem Civic Center, the Salem Red Sox and 94.9 Star Country are excited to bring LIVE music back to the Taliaferro Complex. Multi-Platinum entertainer Chase Rice will headline Salem Memorial Ballpark on Friday, May 21, to perform his current single “Drinkin’ Beer. Talkin’ God. Amen”.
Kicking-off the show is up and coming Nashville star, Shelby Darrall. Shelby has a wide range of musical influences, spanning from Alabama, The Eagles, and Eric Church to Cher, Etta James, and The Dixie Chicks. Her upcoming EP is produced by Grammy-winning icon, Ron Fair.
Several new measures will be in place to ensure that everyone remains safe, healthy and has a good time while following all current COVID-19 guidelines. Following these will allow the concert to continue moving forward.
- MASKS are required unless you are eating or drinking. All eating and drinking must take place when you are in your pod or seats. If you are walking to the concessions or bathroom, you must have a mask on.
- We will have staggered entrance times to allow you and your friends to safely enter the facility with more separation from the other attendees. Please plan to arrive at the following times based on your ticket type:
VIP 5:00 pm, Field GA 5:30 pm and Stand GA 6:00 pm. Exiting the concert will also be done in waves by ticket type to ensure everyone can continue practicing social distancing effectively while leaving.
- When you arrive at Salem Memorial Ballpark, we ask that you stay 6 feet from others who are not in your party.
- We ask that you arrive with your group, so that you may be seated together in the same pod or stand section. If you are travelling in separate vehicles, plan to meet outside the ballpark, if possible, to enter in one group. Your pod/seats will be your location for the entire show. Switching of pod/seat members will not be allowed.
- FIELD & VIP SEATING. To allow for people to stay with their friends and family, ticket holders will be grouped together into 10x10 pods of 6 ticket holders. Pods will be located on the field in both the GA and VIP sections.
- STAND GA SEATING. Stand seats are available in groups of 2 people to as many as 6 people. Please plan to sit in an area that is correct for your group size. For instance, if you have 2 people, please don’t sit in a section that is set up for 6 people. Venue representatives will be on site to help you find an appropriate seat.
- Did you score lawn or VIP tickets? We MUST know who your “pod people” will be! Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the names of everyone within your group (up to 6 people per pod). Did you buy a ticket for you and your husband? Your sister and her BFF are joining you at the show with their boyfriends? Those are your pod people! Send us those names in one email so we can plan for your pod.
- Concessions has an app! Download the sEATz mobile ordering app ahead of the show from the Apple App Store or via Google Play. You will select Haley Toyota Field as your venue. This will allow you to order your food and drink from your seat and be notified when it is ready for pickup at a concession stand.
- Tickets are still available. Tickets are available for general admission in the stands. Tickets are $30 and can be purchased online anytime at Ticketmaster.com or at the Salem Civic Center Box Office Monday thru Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm.
In this time of ever-changing guidelines, regulations, and social norms, we cannot thank you enough for supporting live music. Restrictions change, sometimes on a weekly basis, and we are doing everything we can to have live music in a safe and enjoyable manner. Thank you again for supporting LIVE music. We all miss it, and we are ALL excited to bring it back. See you at Salem Memorial Ballpark on Friday night, May 21.
ABOUT CHASE RICE: With over 1.6 million albums sold and more than 1.1 billion total streams, plus a legion of passionate fans at his high-energy concerts across the globe, Chase Rice has established himself as a powerful force in Nashville and beyond – but he genuinely sees new release The Album Part I as the launching pad for music that says what he wants to say, how he wants to say it. With songs such as lead single “Lonely If You Are” featuring sleek rhymes over heartland six strings and keys mixed with EDM-laced drama, The Album Part I is the same gravely-voiced Chase Rice fans first fell in love with years ago – but better. Freer. Unbeholden and uninhibited, somehow capable of evoking Chris LeDoux and The Chronic, campfire singalongs and stadium anthems, all at once. The project follows his sophomore album, Lambs & Lions, released with Broken Bow Records in 2017 and featuring two-week chart-topper “Eyes On You” – Rice’s first No. 1 as an artist and the most-streamed song of his career with nearly 350 million streams and counting. Lambs & Lions followed Ignite the Night, which debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums and No. 3 on the all-genre chart, producing a pair of Top 5 hits; “Ready Set Roll” and “Gonna Wanna Tonight.” After supporting Kenny Chesney’s The Big Revival stadium tour, Rice has consistently sold out 2,500-3,000 seat venues on his own headlining tours, plus served as direct support on the Luke Bryan Farm Tour 2018.
ABOUT SHELBY DARRALL: Napa Valley raised, California-native Shelby Darrall grew up with a love of music sparked by her father, Chuck Darrall, and his band SilverCreek. Shelby has a wide range of musical influences, spanning from Alabama, The Eagles, and Eric Church to Cher, Etta James, and The Dixie Chicks. After two years of attending the University of Arizona, Shelby moved to Nashville to pursue her musical dreams and finish school at Belmont University. The talented young woman quickly gained the respect of the Nashville songwriting community co-writing with esteemed tunesmiths including Brett James, Troy Verges, and Emily Weisband, as well as collaborating with artists such as Jake Owen, Larry Fleet, and Josh Kerr. Shelby will be best known for her deep lyrical content and unique voice. Stay tuned for Darrall’s forthcoming EP produced by the Grammy-winning icon, Ron Fair (Christina Aguilera, The Black Eyed Peas, Vanessa Carlton, Lady Gaga.)