1. How Do I?
  2. Business
  3. Government
  4. Residents
  5. Departments
    1. Animal Shelter
    2. Commissioner of the Revenue
    3. Commonwealth Attorney
    4. Communications Office
    5. Community Development
    6. Economic Development
    7. Electric
    8. Finance
    9. Human Resources
    10. Parks and Recreation
    11. Police
    12. Real Estate
    13. Registrar's Office
    14. Rescue Squad
    15. Salem Fire-EMS
    16. Salem Public Library
    17. Sheriff's Office
    18. Street & General Maintenance
    19. Technology Systems
    20. Treasurer's Office
    21. Water & Sewer Dept
  6. Tourism
  7. Downtown
  8. Report a Problem
PHONE:  (540) 375-4112   |  ADDRESS:  City Hall, 114 North Broad Street, Salem, VA 24153

News in Salem

Published on Friday, January 8, 2021

Keep Recreational Vehicles in Their Place

Recreational Vehicles cannot be used as a living space or a business location in the city. Using them as an extension of your home and sleeping in them is against the law and a potential fire hazard. These vehicles must be kept closed while they are parked in residential areas and they can only be opened for maintenance and cleaning.

Section 106-404.3 of the City of Salem Code says the following: No recreational vehicle shall be used for living or businesses purposes, or otherwise connected to utility services unless located within an approved campground.

If you need more information, further clarification or if you wish to report a violation, please contact the city's Zoning Division at 375-3032.

Theme picker