The library offers free internet access to the public on a number of designated PC's.
Guidelines for using this service:
- Sign up on the Reservation Station to use our internet connection on a first-come first-served basis.
- Sessions are for one hour; you may sign up for additional sessions if no one is waiting for a computer.
- Materials on the web may be printed (black and white or color copies) at a cost of 20 cents per page for black and white copies, and 50 cents for color copies.
- Downloading is permitted to flash drives and CD's; CDs are available for purchase at the front counter at a cost of $1 each.
- You may use your personal flash drive to download from the internet or Microsoft Office applications.
- You must have a personal account with a service such as AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail etc. to be able to send and retrieve e-mail.
- In order to access the internet at the Salem Public Library you must agree to abide by our Internet Use Policy.
The Salem Public Library provides a free wireless hot spot for use with personal laptops. Please read the library's Wireless FAQ information prior to logging on to our network.