Each year, the VDOT Salem District presents an award for the Locality of the Year. This year the award was given to the jurisdiction that performed the best in regards to "Locally Administered Projects". These types of projects include Smartscale, Revenue Sharing and Transportation Alternatives, to mention a few.
The winning locality must be active in training, meetings, funding acquisition, project delivery, and keeping projects on budget. All of these elements of project management are put into a competitive equation and the locality with the highest total score is named the winner.
Congratulations to the Salem Employees responsible for Salem’s applicable projects: Chuck VanAllman, Will Simpson, Josh Pratt, and Matt King.
(Pictured Left to Right)
* Anthony Ford – Salem District Planning & Investment Management
* Dr. Raymond D. Smoot Jr. – Va. Commonwealth Transportation Board Member
* Will Simpson – City Engineer, City of Salem
* Josh Pratt – Civil Engineer II, City of Salem
* Matt King – Construction Project Manager, City of Salem
* Chuck VanAllman - Director of Community Development, City of Salem
* Ken King, PE – Salem District Engineer