The objectives of site plan review are to 1) maintain the character and integrity of neighborhoods and ensure compatible development patterns; 2) promote excellence of design; 3) encourage the most appropriate development and use of land; 4) prevent traffic hazards; 5) ensure the availability and efficient provision of public services; and 6) avoid adverse impacts on the natural environment. A site plan shall be required and shall be submitted to the city for each of the following:
- All new development in every zoning district except for single family and two-family dwellings.
- The conversion of any single family or two-family dwelling to any other use or to a higher intensity residential use.
- Additions or modifications to buildings or sites, except single family and two-family dwellings, if said addition or modification results in a 5,000 square foot or greater increase in impervious surface area of the site. An agreement in lieu of plan may be approved by the City Engineer for sites resulting in a 5,000-9,999 square foot increase.
- The conversion of any property from fee simple ownership to a condominium form of ownership.
- The conversion of any building or property to a different use category, e.g., commercial to industrial.
- Additions or modifications that may increase the requirements of any development standard including but not limited to parking, landscaping, and stormwater management.