PERMITS ARE ISSUED ONLY BETWEEN 8:00 a.m. AND 4:00 p.m.
Required items when applying for a building permit
What is the correct way to display a building permit at the site?
The Office of Building Inspections and Zoning issues the following permits:
- Addition or Alteration to Residence
- Addition or Alteration to Commercial Building
- Change of Service
- In-ground Swimming Pool
- Addition or Replacement of Fixtures
- Water/Sewer Line Replacements
- Elevator Permit
- Replacement of HVAC System
- Gas Lines
- Boiler Installation
- Fire Suppression
- Gas Furnace (New Installation or Replacement)
- Temporary Signs - A temporary sign permit can be issued once every three months and is good for 30 days, with a maximum of 4 sign permits per year per business location. Temporary Signs cannot be larger than 24 square feet.
- Permanent Signs
- Sign Ordinance (please enter search term "signs" in top search box). See also new changes to Sign Ordinance (.pdf file)
Cross Connection permits are required for all boilers, irrigation systems, and new commercial buildings. A permit is also needed for the required annual inspection. Backflow devices are installed and tested by a Third Party contractor.
LP Gas (Liquid Petroleum)