May 09, 2013 21:00
On May 9 at approximately 2:30 p.m., officers from the Salem Police Department, Virginia State Police, and the Roanoke DEA Task Force served a search warrant in the 300 block of North Bruffey Street as part of a drug investigation regarding the manufacture of methamphetamine.
Upon entering the house, the officers discovered an active clandestine methamphetamine lab in the basement of the residence. Two occupants of the house - Kenneth Jakob Shelton, 25, and Lisa Gail Mason, 50, both of Salem, were home when the officers entered.
Each individual has been charged with the following offenses by Salem Police:
1. Manufacturing 100 grams or more of methamphetamine
2. Possession of methamphetamine precursors
3. Possession of methamphetamine
4. Manufacturing methamphetamines within 1,000 feet of a school
5. Possessing a firearm while manufacturing methamphetamine
6. Conspiracy to manufacture methamphetamine
Both Shelton and Mason are being held at the Roanoke County/Salem Jail without bond. The investigation into this matter is ongoing and additional charges are pending.